Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Whoa...


Good lord it's been a little too long. I've been WAY too busy lately, but it's good, keeps the mind going - sometimes to the point where you don't have time to think...but good nonetheless. Got quite a few good teachers this year - crazy tough markers, but hey, it's for the best. If we weren't getting our butts kicked, what good would school be right?
Anyways, here's a little doodle I did while in lecture last week, don't really know where he popped out from - but meet Farmer Dan!
Hope you like, and I've got a bunch of new stuff to post - so look forward to more!

comments and crits appreciated!
-R.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'd say watch your tones. The flat colors on the dude work fine. The shadows on the hills and the really bright color on the barn make the background pop forward more than the central character does. Give him some lights/darks or more saturated colors, or flatten out the bg.

Nice drawing, though.

Mike...'s mum said...

Well, I saw you registered at the new forum, but it doesn't look like it's letting you in... it's that hotmail account, you know... we've had problems with that.

Try changing the email to use your Yahoo account or your timidbull.com account if you still have either one. Let me know if you've still got problems...

Scott Tolleson said...

My only suggestion might be to make the linework bolder. I think it'll punch the contraty of the piece up a little. Cool sketch, let it shine!!!