Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Story Idea

These were for a story pitch at school and consequently, an idea that just didn't gel. I like some elements of it, and I may use it in future events, or perhaps work on it a bit more in the near future. Too many ideas. Too little time. Which is messed up, as it's the exact opposite of the summer - where ideas seemed to have escaped my brain completely. Yeah, school's definitely a great environment to be in. I really need to start picking ONE idea and sticking to it...any advice from you guys as to how to approach it? Sometimes, exploring completely different ideas, helps your original, sometimes, it starts you on the path to destruction of your current idea.
Discovery is a wonderful thing.
Hopefully these are clear and concise, and there aren't too many questions about it. The basic idea is that the professor has come upon this jungle after spending his life looking for a certain lost tribe, and the closest he's ever come, is finding these artifacts. He sets up a camera, which we see him through, and begins explaining what the artifacts are. In the meantime, the crazy tribespeople appear in the background, using said objects for completely different applications. Once they notice our dear professor, they set a plan in motion to capture him and have him for dinner. Complete with giant pot with fire to roast/boil him in. Oh yes, they ARE cannibals...
Or just plain nuts.
Finally, one of the tribesmen comes and makes contact with the professor, and leading him back to camp (the professor, all the while, astounded at the discovery and at the fact that he's finally made contact with the lost tribe), ends up hanging the professor over the pot - the professor, still completely oblivious to the fact that they're actually going to KILL him, keeps talking to the camera as if nothing is happening, remarking something akin "and now, they've hung me up in a primitive fashion, wishing to worship me as their new god and saviour."
When he begins to be lowered.

End.

-R.





4 comments:

Mihir Malavia said...

Sounds promising man, can't wait to see it.

Unknown said...

CLASSIC!!

Mike...'s mum said...

Dude - said it before... I'll say it again... Your stuff has come SO far since you first started posting artwork on the forum. Nice to find your blog and see what you actually look like!! :)

Sounds like you're having a great time learning, too! Glad you're doing well - drop in at the new forum sometime if you're bored.

Erica Pitt said...

I like how the professor thinks they're trying to worship him as a god...
it reminds me of a dream I had one time where I was on an Alien game show. It was like Jeopardy and I answered all their questions in gibberish but they were always the correct answer, so they made me their god. I think this dream also had something to do with the fact I had a fever and took some Sudafed.

So yeah....I feel like I can relate to him, minus the cannibal part, hahha.